LDExplained is India’s first comprehensive resource website on learning disabilities among children and young adults. As the parent of an affected child working to help them learn to manage their challenges and deal with the world better or an educator/counsellor looking to upgrade your skills to equip your students to learn better, you can use LDExplained as an information resource to learn about the various LDs and management strategies and keep abreast with the latest research and methodologies developed nationally and globally.
LDExplained is designed for all stakeholders right from the family of the affected child to the policymaker who need to work together to help the child cope with learning disabilities.
Important aspects of LDExplained include:
- Categorisation of concepts of learning disabilities according to age brackets and gender
- Explanation of processes involved in identifying different types of learning disabilities, especially understanding early signs in children
- A growing database of health professionals, counsellors, therapists and educators who specialise in learning disabilities across India
- Discussion on rights of the affected child, related court judgements and policy support from school boards and local governments
- Networks, forums, support groups of parents of affected children, educators and therapists
- Neatly divided sections with a logical flow from one part to another that help the reader understand concepts of
- learning disabilities
- coping strategies
- parents role
- contribution of schools
- policy support